Connect with the people around you. With family, friends, colleagues and neightbours. At home, school, work or in your local community.
Think of these as the cornerstones of your life and invest time in developing them.
Building these connections will support and enrich your every day.
- Make time each day to spend with your family – maybe to play a game with the children, or just talk.
- Arrange a day out with friends you haven’t seen for a while.
- Speak to someone new today.
- Visit a friend or family member who needs support or company – and listen to them.
- Volunteer at a local school, hospital or community group. This is also a way of giving your time.
- Pop into your local community centre (external link)
- Check out a local community group (external link)
- Join your local home watch scheme (external link)
- Become a superhero – volunteer (external link)