Do something nice for a friend, or a stranger. Thank someone. Smile. Volunteer your time. Join a community group.
Look out, as well as in.
Seeing yourself, and your happiness, linked to the wider community can be incredibly rewarding and creates connections with the people around you.
- Say thank you to someone, for something they’ve done for you.
- Ask a colleague how they are and really listen to the answer.
- Offer to lend a hand if you see a stranger struggling with bags or a pushchair.
- Offer to help a relative with DIY or a colleague with a work project.
- Volunteer in your local community. That might mean helping out at a local school, hospital or care home.
- Be a superhero – volunteer (external link)
- Become someone’s friend (external link)
- Offer a child in need a safe and secure home (external link)
- Become a community champion (external link)